Read After the Madness by Sol Wachtler Online

after-the-madness

Driving down the Long Island Expressway in November of 1992, Sol Wachtler was New York's Chief Judge and heir apparent to the New York Governorship. Suddenly, three van loads of FBI agents swerved in front of him -- bringing his car and his legal career to a halt. Wachtlers subsequent arrest, conviction and incarceration for harassing his longtime lover precipitated a mediDriving down the Long Island Expressway in November of 1992, Sol Wachtler was New York's Chief Judge and heir apparent to the New York Governorship. Suddenly, three van loads of FBI agents swerved in front of him -- bringing his car and his legal career to a halt. Wachtlers subsequent arrest, conviction and incarceration for harassing his longtime lover precipitated a media feeding frenzy, revealing to the world his struggles with romantic obsession, manic-depression and drug abuse. With unflinching honesty, Wachtler draws upon his unique experience of living life on both sides of the bench to paint a chilling portrait of prison life interwoven with a no-holds-barred analysis of the shortcomings of the American legal justice system....

Title : After the Madness
Author :
Rating :
ISBN : 9780759245198
Format Type : Paperback
Number of Pages : 320 Pages
Status : Available For Download
Last checked : 21 Minutes ago!

After the Madness Reviews

  • Heather
    2019-02-04 01:14

    I enjoyed this one. Was much like Orange is the New Black but from the perspective of a judge doing time. Quite thought-provoking. Only about 3% of people in American prisons are violent offenders who the public needs to be protected from. So why is there no better solution for the other 97%? Many are people involved in some way with the drug trade, users or sellers, and he has many ideas of better ways to rehabilitate them, rather than locking them away from society.

  • Katie
    2019-01-22 03:34

    Wachtler not only has a really amazing story to tell, but also has a lot to say about society, jail reform, and plenty else. And, as one would expect from a former Judge, he says it very eloquently.

  • Laura Misjak
    2019-02-06 00:37

    Interesting memoir with insights on judicial system and incarceration. However, Wachtler is a bit egotistical, though he admits it in his writing. Felt like I was being preached to.

  • Tetneges2001
    2019-02-06 04:28

    read this a long time ago...need to re-read.

  • Sue J
    2019-02-19 02:29

    An interesting read. It gives a straightforward look at the judicial system.